Benefits Of Joining Our Community
Take Your Business To The Next Level
Allow your business to reach higher heights. Join our community today. It’s free to get listed!
Ways We Support Our Members
Promote Diverse Businesses
We promote your minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, disabled-owned, and LGBTQ-owned Hampton Roads-based small businesses on our website, in newsletters, and on social media.
Help Small Businesses Gain Visibility
Our online community creates an additional platform for you to promote your goods or services, increase your search engine visibility by creating a backlink for your website, and increase awareness for your Hampton Roads-based minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, disabled-owned, and LGBTQ-owned small businesses.
Provide Networking Opportunities
A proven way to get ahead in this competitive business world is by working together. Our goal is to make our online community a place where diverse small businesses can connect, support, and learn from one another.
Diverse Hampton Roads is an online community of diverse businesses in the Hampton Roads area. These businesses consist of minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, disabled-owned, and LGBTQ+-owned businesses. Oftentimes, these businesses are overlooked in their importance to a community. This is why Diverse Hampton Roads was created. We value their contribution to the local area and want to celebrate them.
As the Hampton Roads region grows, it is essential for all of us to support these businesses. Our local economy depends on their success as well.
Our mission is to provide a platform where these businesses are celebrated, gain the visibility they need to grow, and have a place to network with fellow business owners.
- It’s free to list your business on our directory!
- Consumers are increasingly looking to purchase goods and services at minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, disabled-owned, and LGBTQ-owned businesses. As a member of the Diverse Hampton Roads community increases your reach to new audiences and helps your business gain more visibility. This can lead to an increased customer base; therefore, helping you to grow your business.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make friends, network, and potentially collaborate with other diverse small business owners.
- Yes, being a part of Diverse Hampton Roads allows potential customers in the local area to find you and learn about your business online through advanced search filter options targeted to your business within our directory.
- It also helps to enhance your SEO rating along with your digital presence. Backlinks are links from one page on one website to another. If someone links to your site, then you have a backlink from them. If you link to another website, then they have a backlink from you. Search engines such as Google, Bing, etc., see that as a “vote of confidence”. They increase the website’s visibility when users are searching for items that relate to the website. Websites with a high number of backlinks tend to have high organic search engine rankings.